Student Council wraps “E” for Homecoming festivity

Photographer : courtesy of student council

Student Council members gather around the wrapped “E” in preparation for the Homecoming festivity.

By : Xochitl Rodriguez, writer

On October 18th, Student Council wrapped the “E” to celebrate Homecoming and share the festivity with friends and family.

There was not a festival or parade this year, but the one thing that remained constant was the burning of the “E”.

“I don’t know why we didn’t have a fall festival,” Student Council Co Sponsor, Mrs. Sutton said. “ But, he parade was cancelled because of the impending weather.”

The Recording Secretary for Student Council was glad to participate in the wrapping of the “E” to keep the tradition going.

“I remember my Tia [aunt] telling me that she also did the same thing when she was a senior at EHS. I’m glad I was part of this tradition because when I’m older, I will get to cherish the memories we made together,” senior Nadia Rodriguez said.

The wrapping and burning of the “E” was an event for those that participated to show their school pride.

“The burning of the “E” was very important because it was part of our school tradition. It showed our school pride, and how we were proud to be a Bobcat,” said senior Vanessa Garcia.

Sutton was also proud of the student council members who put in the work of wrapping the “E”.

“It means more to you when you see the work put in it,” Sutton said. “ Edinburg High School has such a rich prideful history; it’s great to see alumni from 10-20 years ago religiously come to these events.”