The Student News Site of Edinburg High School

The Bobcat Banner

The Bobcat Banner

The Bobcat Banner

Polls

What's your favorite subject?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

NHS hosts college door decorating contest in October

The college door decorating contest hosted by the National Honor Society organization for the month of October just concluded. Students were able to showcase their creativity and turn a plain door into something that would motivate other students as they walked by their classrooms.

3 doors were chosen as winners for this contest. First place classroom received a pizza party for the students who contributed, second place received cupcakes and juice, and third place received ice cream. 

According to NHS sponsor, Ms. Kendra De La Garza, the contest was inspired to create a sense of community amongst the students and faculty.

‘’This was an opportunity to strengthen the teacher-student bond. Up to 20 students from classes or student organizations could assist with the door decoration in bringing this vision to life,‘’ Ms.De La Garza said. 

Another concept for this contest was to showcase student talent and artistic abilities.

‘’The students came up with the idea, so we followed along. We were happy to find out they won since they put in all their effort since day one, ’’ contest winner, Ms. Sabrina De La Rosa said. 

Winners of the contest were: First place-Ms. Sabrina De La Rosa, Second place-Mrs. Maria Guerra, Third place- Mrs. Sandra Cardona Cruz.