Lady Bobcats Coming In For A Win

By : Isabella Alvarado, Staff Writer

Now that fall is here, Basketball season is rolling in! Our Lady Bobcats had a good run last year with a record of 29 to 8. They earned the title of Co-District Champs,  ranked 3rd in the Valley and had a good off season.

“We have one of the best programs in the valley with ranking number three”  Varsity Coach Salinas, said.  

Returning for the fourth year in a row are seniors  Jayla SantaMaria, Mercedes Hernandez, Daniella Rivas, and Sierra Velazquez.

However, we are going to see some new faces. Marinda BAlaza 12th grader   and Mira Olveda 11th grader moving up to varsity to help support the team also, have some incoming new people Ankia Saenz 9th , Deja Tejerina, 9th , Julissa SantaMaria, 9th.

“Three freshman are significant contributions to our team: the future of our girls program” Varsity Coach Salinas, said.

Maintaining a healthy and stable lifestyle can significantly improve their chances as a team. A long season wears down an individual’s body  so it’s important to stay in shape.

“Close out the season playing our best basketball by staying in shape” Varsity Coach Salinas, said.

Our lady bobcats will be competing challenging teams this year.  In order to win, they must bring  it all to the court.  

“ To be the best we’re going to play the best” Varsity Coach Salinas,  said.