Fields of Faith Brings ECISD Together

Junior%2C+Matthew+Anaya+sings+a+song+dedicated+to+his+brother+during+Fields+of+Faith.+

Photographer : Leslie Torres

Junior, Matthew Anaya sings a song dedicated to his brother during Fields of Faith.

By : Leslie Torres, Staff Writer

On Wednesday, October 18th, ECISD hosted the nationally celebrated Fields of Faith event. Having been rescheduled due to the rainy weather from the previous week, many people enjoyed the beautiful, clear weather perfect for the event.

“Even though rescheduling the event first caused some difficulty, it ended up being a good turnout and the weather was really nice,” LaMonica Tamez, EHS FCA Sponsor, said.

The event consisted of scripture readings and performances of different types, most led by ECISD students. Two of Edinburg High’s very own students, brother and sister Matthew and Emily Anaya, had the honor to perform as well. Matthew, junior, played a moving solo.

“I was feeling sick before I sang,” Matthew said, “but I left it in God’s hands and wanted to honor him.”

The Anaya’s also had the opportunity to perform in a drama skit together with other ECISD students.

“We did it for our brother,” Emily, sophomore, said.

Matthew and Emily’s brother, Michael, unfortunately has an incurable kidney disease.

“The drama skit allowed us to open up people’s hearts and minds that there is a living God, which was extraordinary for us,” Matthew said.