Scholarship Night

Financial Aid Officer, Mrs. Amaro welcomes students and parents to Scholarship Night.

By : Vanessa Hernandez, Staff Writer

As the year comes to a close, seniors who have received scholarships attend the annual scholarship ceremony hosted by the Financial Aid Staff. It is a ceremony of recognition for the hard work students have put into the opportunities that scholarships offer.

“I felt really proud to be a part of the group of bobcats who obtained their scholarships so that they can continue studying in a place of higher education,” senior David Cepeda, said.

The scholarship donors and committees attended the ceremony as well to directly award the students with their much deserved opportunity. Background was given on how the scholarships came to be and made the award that much more meaningful.

“It is an honor to be graduating with such successful individuals,” senior Leslie Torres, said. “I am glad everyone had the opportunity to receive assistance in reaching their goals.”

The scholarship ceremony for the class of 2018 was an important event that highlighted the seniors’ drive for success in their ongoing pursuit of education at the college level.