Bobcats Engage In Christmas Cheer

NHS and Key Club members dressed as Disney characters for the Night of Lights parade.

By : Leslie Torres, Staff Writer

On December 1st, the Edinburg Night of Lights parade and festival was one to remember. National Honor Society, Key Club, and the Bobcat Band all made an entrance at the festival and parade by dressing up, volunteering, and performing for the crowd.

Lily Pena, senior and National Honor Society editor, costumed as Minnie Mouse for the Disney themed parade.

“It was nice to see the community all together celebrating the parade and their love for Christmas,” Pena said.

The parade gives all participators a chance to interact with the crowd, which many students find valuable and worthwhile.

“It was fun. I always really love doing anything with a crowd,” senior and baritone player Sergio De La Cruz said. “I think this was the best parade for sure.”

Senior Kayla Aguilar had the chance to see the parade in a whole new light leading the band as a drum major for the first time.

“It was a completely different experience compared to when you’re busy trying to focus on playing the music. I was able to high five and meet the community when they seemed the happiest,” Aguilar said. “I was genuinely full of love at that moment and waving to kids doesn’t seem like much, but it had a positive impact on me, especially for my final year.”